Saturday, July 5, 2008

The "Magic" of Page Kits

It's official. I have discovered the "magic" of page kits. The plan, yesterday, was to scrap at someone's house. That never goes well for me, though, because I never have what I need to even do most of a page -- and if you can't do that, then what's the point? Right?

This week I was determined to be prepared so I could make the best use of that time... and my stash! I actually got 3-1/2 layouts done! Anyone who knows me, knows that this is quite an accomplishment. That's an accomplishment when I'm at home and have all my stuff available to me. Thing is, too, I love all of the pages. That was the most pleasant surprise. That experience gave me a lot more confidence about preparing for the scrappy retreat that's coming up. Now I know I can be productive.

-------------------------------------------

Now, for the 4th of July. I hate the 4th of July. I don't like fireworks. I despise the crowds. I did manage to avoid it this year. When I left my friend's house to come home, though, the smell of sulfur in the air was so thick. It was disgusting. We did go to a fun party on Thursday night to celebrate our country's independence.

I leave you with this pic of miss Johanna from the party. It was so nice of our host to have a hammock that matched her dress! LOL


No comments: