Sunday, February 8, 2009

Winter Blahs

Clearly I have some catching up to do. I think the brutal cold, snow and ice are taking their toll on me. We've been stuck at home so much that there's really not much to tell either.

Today, it almost felt like spring around here. I opened the curtains and blinds in our bedroom, opened the window a bit, and cleaned my arse off in there. I even guilted Tim into helping me. ;-) It had become a bit of a dumping ground for things without a "home," and today we reclaimed our space. I threw out a LOT of stuff. I vaccumed the heck out of everything that didn't get out of my way. I almost forgot how huge that room is!

I've started a home improvement project - the guest (girl's) bathroom. The wallpaper has been peeled off and the new paint has been purchased. Oh, and Tim rescued a light fixture that actually might work in there. I'm really excited about getting it done. We've got some big framed mirrors around the house, so we're going to replace the early 80's sheet of mirror with a nice, decorative one. I'm usually very good at finishing a project I start around the house. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty obsessive about it. One thing was stopping me, though. I **HATE** the vanity and floor in there. I want to switch both out but have NO IDEA how much that will cost. So, tomorrow morning I am going up to Home Depot to pick out what I like and find out what it would cost to have it installed. If it's reasonable enough, I'll see if I can get Tim on board. We'll see.

I made a layout with the picture I posted below. I'm really happy with how it turned out, but I'm not happy with how it scanned. The page is so bumpy and bulky, a lot of it is blurry. Here it is anyway...

The company that maintains our property really screwed up with the snow removal. We have about a 4' pile of ice and snow in front of our house. They literally piled all that on top of our boxwoods. I'm sure at least six of them are toast. Now we're going to have to submit an invoice to the Board of Managers and see if we can get reimbursement to replace them in the spring. Yeah, right. Wish us luck with that one. Here's the pile where our boxwoods are buried.


And here is a picture of Johanna on top of the pile.


Needless to say, Tim is NOT a happy camper! Who can blame him?

Well, I've got to get up early in the morning, so I'd better wrap up for now. Thanks for stopping by. I'll try to be better and keeping my posts current.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Karen, so wonderful to hear from you. I too have had the winter blahs and just can't motivate myself. I love the plans you have for your bedroom and guest bath. I love doing new things to the home. Hope we are going to scrap together soon. Your layout of Johanna is beautiful, such a lovely face!! But sorry to hear about the boxwoods. grrrrrrrrr