Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Electronic Issues - Good News & Bad News

It's always something. Last week, Tim's computer died. I mean, it fried. It was old and he had been band-aid'ing it for a looooong time. Thankfully, he had everything backed-up on a separate hard drive (yeah!!). He went and bought a brand new computer - rather than the refurbs he usually gets. Only problem is... most of the new computers are coming with MS Vista OS. Many programs that we've been using for years are not compatible with the Vista OS. This includes the software that came with our scanner. I guess the good news for me is that the large-scale scanner is now on my desk. Bad news is... it takes up a LOT of room. We'll figure it all out, though.

Johanna had a sleep-over this weekend and they had a GREAT time! We went to see Coraline 3D. I can't believe I am almost 47 years old and I had never seen a 3D movie. It was really cute! The girls had a blast. I think we're going to have a sleep-over again in a couple of weeks when Tim & Caitlin are out of town. At one point I heard Payton say, "Johanna, I love your mom. Er, I REALLY like her." LOL THAT is what it's all about.

Miss C is doing a lot of volunteer work with a local group that supports people who have had severe brain injuries. I am so proud of her for that. Now she is getting me involved, which is very cool, too. They make a lot of cards. The center wants me to come and give them some help with what they can do more/differently. I'm looking forward to getting involved with that.

Valentine's Day was nice. The girls each got a gift, as did I. I got Tim something I thought was really cool. I found these four stalks of bamboo that were shaped into two hearts. This particular bamboo is supposed to be "lucky bamboo." Tim had a few bad days right before Valentine's Day, so I figured it was the perfect gift to turn his luck around. :-) Here is a picture of it.

Isn't that COOL?

Until my scanner is fixed, that's about all I have to share. Hopefully, Tim will have me all hooked-up tomorrow night. Take care and thanks for visiting!!

No comments: