Friday, November 28, 2008

Check one off the Bucket List

I don't really have a "bucket list." I think it's depressing to tick off things you want to do or accomplish before you die. Eeew. Anyway, I did do something today, though, that I have never done before and that I never, EVER want to do again. I went to a store before they opened -- on BLACK FRIDAY. I never say "never," but never EVER again will I do THAT. The line was horrible. Many (but not all) of the people were mean. The lines at the registers were long. It is stupid, stupid, STUPID! So not worth it. I was curious. Now, I'm not. The good news is, though, that all of my Christmas shopping is finished. Yay me! I'm going to wrap everything when the girls are in school on Monday and then I'll REALLY be finished and I can enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

I made a new LO yesterday that just cracks me UP! I've had this picture since last spring but I was unable to scrap it until I came up with a title, which came to me in an instant yesterday. Once I had that, the whole thing came together in about an hour.

My next project will be a layout about the 2004 Tsunami in the Indian Ocean. The anniversary of that tragedy is the day after Christmas, so its been on my mind. I knew someone who was killed by the tsunami in Sri Lanka. I worked with her. The layout will actually be a combination historical and tribute page.

Right now, Tim is out buying a gigantic flat screen TV. I'm actually kind of excited about it. We are going to put it over the fireplace in the living room. It will be so nice to get rid of the old one that's been sitting on my cedar chest for WAY too long. When he gets home, we will go get our Christmas tree. Yay!! I'm going to give it several hours to warm up and for the branches to drop a little and then we'll get it decorated. Tonight is our Thanksgiving dinner at my BFF's house. I want to come home to a warmly lit tree and just relax.

No comments: