Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Favorite Weekend

This weekend is my favorite weekend of the year. I totally love the Thanksgiving meal, putting up the tree, and decorating the house. I think, this year, I'm going to do something I have never, ever done before. I am planning to be a participant in the ritual known as Black Friday. This may be a very misguided decision, but I'm determined to experience it once in my life. Rather than "misguided," I'll just think of it as checking something off my bucket list. Yep. That sounds better.

I joined a group that is making something called the December Daily journal. The basic idea is that we premake a book and then each day put [a] photo(s) and journaling in it. Theoretically, it should be easy because most of the work is already done. It's intended purpose is to document the days in December until Christmas day. Below are a few pictures of the book I put together. I *totally* love it!















There are so many great colors and textures in this book. I used flocking, glitter, gel pens, and stickles. I also decorated it with bling, those cute little puff balls, chalk, ribbon, transparencies, etc. The pages are both acrylic and blackboard (chipboard). There's a whole lotta eye candy going on in this book. Now I am so impatient to begin filling it up!

The book took pretty much the entire weekend to complete. Since then, I've scrapped two pages and made a couple of ornaments. I haven't had a chance to photograph them yet, but they are made out of acrylic and turned out really cute, I think.

Today, I think Miss J and I are going to scrap with my BFF. At least that's the plan.

No comments: