Monday, March 16, 2009

Finally!

Finally, I'm back on-line! Tim hooked-up my scanner yesterday. It took awhile to catch up, but I think I got everything.

Caitlin is in a play. I guess she has a pretty big part, too. She is being very secretive about it; she wants to surprise us. I'm dying to get to a practice to take pictures, though. The play isn't until May, so I'll have to work on wearing her down. :-)

This past weekend, I didn't have any recent pictures to scrap so I went back and found some old ones that I had never done. Below is a page about Johanna's first tooth coming out. The "teeth" that are the title, are flat stickers that I put on pop dots and covered with a heavy layer of diamond glaze. I wasn't sure about them when I bought them, but I'm so happy with how it turned out. The actual tooth is in a shadow box. I made the shadow box from scratch by drawing the tooth and cutting it out. I'm really happy with that, too. (Thanks for the idea, Lori!!)

Speaking of Lori... (sorry, my friend, but I can't resist)... I had a wonderful UNbirthday party last week!! My BFF showered me with lovely gifts and a fresh fruit bouquet. Imagine my surprise... since my birthday isn't for another month! LOL We've had some great laughs over that one! Such a great memory, in fact, that I HAD to scrap it. No doubt this is a birthday I'll never forget... and I won't let her forget it either. LOL! Here is the evidence.

Well, I've been dieting for about a month. I went to the doctor's office to weigh-in today. The good news is, I've lost a grand total of 16 lbs.! Yeah!! I'm SO excited. A long, long, LONG way to go, but I'm really happy with the start. I'll keep you posted.

Today we're enjoying warm weather. Feels like spring, but they tell us another cold front is coming soon. Yuck!

Tomorrow night is Johanna's spring program. I'll have pics from that on Wednesday. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh Karen, so wonderful to see you back again. I heard about the Un-Birthday and I was really laughing too. How sweet Lori is!!!
Ed and I miss you guys too much and we were just saying this week end, we have got to get together!! He going into a funk.