Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm back!

Not that anyone's been looking for me. LOL We got hit by IKE early last week and it has thrown off my whole groove. IKE packed a punch, even up north. We were without power for a couple of days so we stayed with my BFF. There was damage to our community but not, thankfully, to our house. We did have an external hard drive and the adapter to our scanner get fried. Nothing bad, though. I took most of our frozen food to Lori's and a bunch of the food in the fridge went into coolers.

Here is a layout I did showing the damage done to my brother's former house. They put blood, sweat, and tears into restoring this home so it is completely heartbreaking to see this happen.

Caitlin had golf tournaments last week. Basically, they determine her ranking in the entire city. Players 1 - 9 are First Team. Players 10 - 19 are Second Team. Players 20 - 29 are Runners-up. Her Freshman year, Miss C was ranked 26 (out of 50). Sophmore year, she ranked 17. This year, Miss C is #9 in the entire city (out of 60)! Tim and I are so proud of her! Now she'll go to Districts next week. Then, hopefully, Regionals and if she works really hard, State BABY! This is critical to getting a scholarship so we're really excited around here right now. She is very focused and determined to do well.

Academically, both girls are doing great. Caitlin has such tough classes, I've been really surprised at how well she's carrying that workload, especially with golf. It helps to have a boyfriend who is also academically focused and an athlete. Johanna is still at the age where she is excited about ALL of it.

We've got birthdays this week and next. I can't believe my "baby" is going to be 17 on Thursday! I also can't believe my husband is going to be 55! When did THAT happen? ;-) Wow.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: