Monday, August 25, 2008

Getting My [Blogging] Act Together

I've got to get my act together with this blogging thing. Everything else seems to take precedence, but I really enjoy this and need to be better about making the time. What I especially like is when I can turn some of my posts into journaling for a layout. Doing a copy & paste when I sit down to do a page makes it go so much faster.

Friday, Miss J and I went to Archivers. She did a page that was so cute! I'll have to scan and post some of her work, too. I'm so glad she enjoys scrapping! We were at the store for 3-1/2 hours and the time just flew. I was making a mini book and she wanted to make one with me. These books are tricky. There's lots of measuring involved and it's really difficult to get everything straight. I told her it was probably too difficult for her to do just yet but she wanted to anyway. Well, there's nothing she likes more than to prove me wrong. lol She did a GREAT job and put together a beautiful book! I showed her where to measure her pieces to and she did all of the measuring herself! The bonus is, that will put her ahead of the game in school, too. I was so proud of her.

The book I was working on is for Caitlin. She takes a TON of pictures on her phone. I figured I would make her a book so they could all be in one place. Then, when she's tired of the book, I can "sneak" it away andput it up for her. Below is a picture of the cover, so far.

While I was scrapping on Saturday, Tim took Johanna to get a new pair of golfing shoes... her first. She was SO excited! When she got home she got Tim's phone, sat down on the couch with her feet up and took a picture of her new shoes and sent it to my phone. LOL That kid cracks me up!

Caitlin's golf season is in full swing (pardon the pun). She's averaging three matches and a practice a week. Funny thing is, she'll finish a match and then go leisure golfing with one of the other girls for fun afterward. Miss C went on a date to a football game Saturday night. It was the city's biggest high school rival teams and they played in the stadium at the University. It was terrifying letting my little girl go there. I don't know why. I went there at her age. Just a dose of reality, I guess, that she's really not my little girl anymore. Who am I kidding anyway? She'll be 17 next month. Here is the picture she had taken last week for golf.

School starts again a week from tomorrow. I don't want the summer to end. I've had such a great time with the girls. Sadly, next week it's back to the grind of homework and all the other things that back-to-school entails. Funny, the girls are looking forward to it and I'm not. LOL

No comments: