Monday, August 4, 2008

A Wonderful Day

Today was just too much fun and went way too fast. We had a little birthday party for my best friend and a lot of scrappy togetherness all day. We then went to dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant. We had cake, a singing balloon, several presents, and -well- just us. Couldn't have been any better.

Lori and I did work on the 911 project today. It's been seven years and, by trying really hard, I only cried twice. I guess I should mention that I gave myself a headache trying not to cry most of the time we were working on it. We decided to go with the mini book. Instead of red, white, & blue we are going with dark red, off-white, & black (mostly Rusty Pickle and some Cosmo Cricket). We've planned what we want to use and where we want to use it. Now comes the really tough part. There are quite a few photos that need to be edited (to fit the book) and journaling that needs to be written. I know I will be happy... and proud... when this is completed, but it's just.so.hard. I also, just this second, had the oaverwhelming thought that I should really do a second book so that each daughter can have her own. Wow.

The good news is, we got our books made today. They turned out really nice with "built-in" flaps and everything. :) Next photo/journaling prep and in less than two weeks - assembly. The good news is, I think I'm pretty close to something we can use as our title banner on the front of the book.
--------------------------------------------
Caitlin completed her first day of Varsity Golf try-outs today. She secured first place (for the first day) by eight strokes! She was really, really happy. Tomorrow is the driving range for a couple of hours - really a pretty easy day. Good timing, too, because it's suppose to rain and be super HOT.
--------------------------------------------
I guess that's about it for today. Nothing earth-shattering, but a great day all the same. Thanks for visiting! See you tomorrow.

No comments: