Thursday, August 7, 2008

Where did the time go??

I checked in here today an absolutely could not believe I haven't blogged since Monday. How did that happen?? Wow.

Well, I guess I need to catch up. Caitlin had her golf try-outs this week. She did make captain of the team. Yay! She secured the spot by over 20 strokes. Really cool.

Johanna and I went on a little field trip yesterday. We went to the stables to visit the horses. We haven't been there in awhile, so it was a lot of fun. I really went to talk to Bonnie about getting her back in lessons, but Bonnie wasn't there. So, Miss J. and I will go back again in a week or two to try again to catch her. What was really cool, though, was that some of the horses were getting new shoes while we were there. What a fun thing to watch!


The guys shoeing the horses were so nice! One of them even cleaned up a horseshoe and gave it to Johanna. Now she's walking around carrying the thing over her head for good luck. LOL!


What's kept me away from blogging this week is my 9-11 book. It is going to be amazing but, my gosh, it is SO difficult. I am in the journaling phase right now. All of the pictures are printed, trimmed, and layed out. About half of the journaling is done. When I finally sit down (at the retreat) to construct, it shouldn't take me more than 3 - 4 hours to finish it. In all, though, I will have invested about 40 hours in my book and the base of Lori's book.

Speaking of the retreat, I am so excited I'm about to BUST! This is my first getaway with my BFF and other scrapping friends. The place we're going is not a place that is specifically for scrappers, so we really have to plan well to be sure we have everything we need. It is a Bed & Breakfast (about an hour away) that will hold a maximum of 10 people. If, though, you book at least seven, you get the whole place to yourselves. We have nine people going, so it's all ours! We'll squeeze in a little shopping on Saturday. Other than that, it's scrap, scrap, and more scrap. :)

Since we are but a month away from the seventh anniversary of 9-11, I thought I'd leave you with a couple of pictures I found that I had never seen before. They have touched my heart and been imbedded in my mind forever. Please, don't ever forget where we've been or to focus on where we need to go. They say "time heals all wounds." Maybe so, but that can be a blessing and a curse. Remember.


No comments: