Saturday, October 11, 2008

Nothing New. Really.

Today was fairly uneventful. I had a headache this morning. It was the kind of headache only a nap could cure. Caitlin went to the Homecoming football game and a party tonight.

Johanna's school called this afternoon and I had to go pick her up. She is running a fever and sounds like she has a bubble in the back of her throat. I feel so bad for her. Under the circumstances, it doesn't look like we're going to make it to the pumpkin patch or my brother's house tomorrow. I am seriously bummed out, but what can we do? Hopefully she'll be better for the block party on Sunday. I sure hope so!

I went to the bank today and had to talk to the manager about something. Turns out, he had the same name as someone I went to high school with. He looked enough like him that I asked him if he had gone to that school. He said he gets that question all the time. Now, the guy I'm talking about asked me to his senior prom. I didn't go, but I was asked. I knew him and his sister very well. Turns out, the guy is making movies in Hollywood. Not huge movies by any means, but he's out there doing his thing. Kinda cool. I didn't know if the bank manager had his facts straight so I Googled the guy's name. Sure enough -- he's even in Wikipedia. :-)

I've got a couple of layout ideas, but I think my mojo is on vacation. I just can't seem to do anything with anything that has a picture. Post-It Note tablets -- yes. Layout -- no. I hate it when that happens. It's been a looooong time so maybe it deserves a break. Oh, I did make a card for a friend today. I rarely make cards and they're usually terrible, but this one turned out alright.

Since we didn't get out tonight, I thought I'd scrounge up a picture or two from the pumpkin farm last year. Have a great weekend and I'll try to pop in tomorrow.


No comments: