Friday, December 19, 2008

Date Night

Wow. Tim and I actually had a date night last night. We couldn't remember the last time we did that. One thing I do know is that we've had the gift card we used last night for the dinner for about 15 months, so I know it's been longer than that. We had a really nice dinner at a very posh restaurant just down the road. It was really cozy and nice. We'll definitely have to start getting out together more often.

Today, my BFF and I are going scrapping while the kids are at school. Our last day of "freedom" before Christmas break, so we're going to make the most of it. Not sure I have very inspiring pictures to work with right now, but any time with Lori is time well-spent.

Last year, we went to Lori's house for Chanukkah. It was really special to be able to celebrate the fourth night with them. This year, they are coming here on Christmas Eve. We will have our Christmas Eve tradition of opening one gift each and eating some Christmas cookies, while Lori is going to bring a Menorah so we can celebrate lighting the candle for the third night of Chanukkah. I'm really excited about celebrating both holidays together. It is a great opportunity for her son and my girls to better appreciate each other's culture. I did a page about it last year (below).

Notice the candles on the separate card. That picture was taken through special 3-D glasses that make points of light look like a Jewish star. How COOL is that?! Tim took a picture of our Christmas tree through those glasses and it turned out really neat. I'm looking forward to getting a picture of the Menorah and our tree this year.

I have to run and get Johanna off to school now. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Karen and Tim, how wonderful that you had a date night. I love reading your blog and knowing how you are. Glad that Hanna's birthday went well too. What a precious 9 year old you have.