Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mission Accomplished

It's official -- I'm finished with the hardest part of the holidays. My shopping is complete and everything is wrapped! Now I can shop for fun (maybe), do lots of baking, scrapping, and visiting with friends. Yes!! I used to be able to get everything done by Thanksgiving, but I'll take December 2 any day.

This year, I went a little bit of a different direction with gift wrapping. I decided to get some plain brown paper (the kind they use for shipping) and then wrap the brown packages with beautiful ribbons. So, that's what I did! Johanna's ribbons are bright green and pink... like the bows on the tree, and Caitlin's are a very sophisticated color and pattern of peacock blues and gold. That will make it a lot easier to tell the packages apart on Christmas morning. Here's an example of a few of the packages amongst the mess this afternoon.

The best part is, FedEx gave me the brown paper for FREE!

I am also on schedule with my December Daily Journal -- days 1 & 2 are complete. Day 1 is about our tree and day 2 is about the gift wrapping today. Filling the pre-made book is proving to be pretty easy. Some adjustments, but nothing major. When I didn't have enough room for the photo I wanted and journaling about the tree, I printed the picture, journaled on the back of it and then laminated it with the Xyron Laminating Sheets -- SO quick and easy! I punched my holes and dropped it in as an additional page. Turned out great!










Completing my shopping and wrapping took up the bulk of my day. Tim brought home a little sushi tonight, which was a nice surprise and then we hunkered down to watch a movie. It was a really nice day.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Karen, your tree and pretty packages are so lovely. You have such a flair for simplicity and beauty. I love seeing the photos of your home and am so happy that this is such a wonderful holiday for you. You deserve it and much more. Linda