Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I know... I'm so totally pathetic I'm on my blog three hours before midnight on New Year's Eve. Thing is, I've NEVER been a New Years (or 4th of July) person. I hate that these are the two holidays when people go out, get drunk, and act stupid. I sat and thought about it and I think I've gone out three New Year's in my entire adult life. I had a date one year (in my mid twenties); I watched Tim's band play at a party one year; and one year Tim and I spent at Disneyland. At midnight, we were standing on the bridge to Sleeping Beauty's castle watching the fireworks and listening to big band music. It was really cool because alcohol is prohibited and the park stays open until 2:00 AM. Actually, that was the year I was pregnant with Caitlin and didn't know it, yet. So, I guess it's been 18 years since my last New Years date. :-)

Today, Johanna and I went to Archivers to make some ornaments. No, not Christmas ornaments... VALENTINES ornaments. I have to say, they turned out SO CUTE! She did 90% of the work, too. I'll take a picture of them tomorrow when I have have some natural light. She really knocked my socks off at what a great job she did and we had great fun. Of course, I did not bring my camera. Bad, Karen, BAD!

Tonight, Miss Teen Thang is out at a sleepover. Miss J is chatting on the phone with her friend about Webkins. Tim is watching reruns of Smallville and I am here with you. Oh, what an exciting life we live. NOT. LOL That's okay, though, I'm living the dream.

Basic Grey has come out with a new line for Valentine's Day and it is FABU! I bought one of the paper packs to play with. It's muted off-pink and brown. Totally adorable and will work for males or females. That's what we used for Johanna's ornaments. I can hardly wait to have the pictures to go with it so I can dig in!!

Friday, it looks like I'm going to be scrapping with my pals who moved to Columbus. Ed and Linda will be coming down for the day. I can hardly wait! It's only been a few weeks, but it's just not the same without them. Don't get me wrong... Lori and I never met a stranger, but there's no one else like THESE scrapping buddies.

I can tell I'm kind of back in my groove. First, I didn't RACE to take the Christmas decorations down, like I have the last several years. I'll take everything down and put it away on Monday when the kids are back in school. Also, I was ahead of the game on Christmas shopping and now I have 3/4 of Johanna's Valentines finished. Not bad progress. I'll finish them for her on Friday and then I'll be home free for awhile. I'm starting my job hunt with extra energy next week, too, so I'm back in my groove just in time!!

I guess that's about it for now. No new pics or layouts, but I promise to have something to look at tomorrow. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: