Sunday, December 14, 2008

Things that I love...

I am sitting here working on a mini book that will be a stocking stuffer for Miss C. It's late and it's quiet, so I'm just sitting here working and thinking. I was listening to Johanna breathing and thinking that it is one of my favorite times of day and definitely something that I love. She's a sound sleeper, but she will occasionally talk in her sleep. She does snore when she has a cold or her allergies are acting up. She makes cute noises sometimes when she's dreaming. Just a few of the things I notice when I'm sitting here in the middle of the night.

I love watching football on Sundays with my husband. Even if our team isn't doing so well (which is most of the time), I just love that we have a little block of time we set aside to sit and watch football together. The days and the weeks get so hectic, I really cherish those moments. We'll put out some salsa and chips and relax. The kids are in and out, but mostly it's just us.

I loved watching my baby play out in the first snow of the season. There was only about 3/4", but she was playing like it was a foot of snow! LOL There wasn't enough snow, of course, for the traditional [1/2] igloo, so she made a snow nest for the birds and put cracker crumbs in it. So cute! Here's my "little blue angel."

I'm going to do a post like this at least once a month. I think it's good to stop and think about the things we love most in our life. Often, for me anyway, it is the very simplest of things.

New subject... two of our dearest scrapping buddies are moving to Columbus today. We have scrapped with them almost every weekend since early spring this year. They are going to be closer to family and we certainly understand that, but boy are we going to miss them!!

At the scrapbook store yesterday we didn't spend a lot of time scrapping. Instead we did some crafty things. The main project involved some candles, a lot of glitter, a Cricut, and a heat gun. What a glittery mess I was when we finished! I am so happy with the end result, though. Below is a picture of two of the candles I made, which now reside proudly on my mantle.

Not something I'll be doing frequently, but when I want to create a really special look or personalized gift, this is a very cost-effective and fun way to go. BTW, I got this idea from Erin's blog on the Creating Keepsakes Web site. She provide a great tutorial on how to do this here: http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/content/view/18191/60/ .

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Dear Karen, your dear friends will miss you dearly too. I can't believe we have been here a week already. I am getting withdrawal symptoms for both my friends and for scrapping........have to get that room organized soon.