Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Breath of Fresh Air

I make a concious effort to keep politics off my blog. I will say, though, that this has been a very emotional inaguration and transfer of power. I am very optimistic for this country's future.

Obviously, I did watch the inaguration on Tuesday. As a matter of fact, I got so caught up in it, I was taking pictures of the TV screen as it was happening. I can be such a loser. LOL Anyway, I was surprised to see the Representative from our District, John Boehner, walk in to the ceremony directly in front of President Obama. Not only is he our Representative, he is our neighbor; literally. He lives about a mile away from us and Tim knows him. How cool is that? That's like -- one degree of separation from the most powerful man in the world! I didn't realize until the next day, when I sat down to get the pictures off our camera, that Congressman Boehner was standing directly behind the President as he took his oath of office. Here is the photo...

He is the gentleman just to the left of President Obama's right hand in the picture.

I really liked the Lincoln "theme" to this inaguration, too. My only real concern was the amount of money that was spent on this lavish day. I know it was an incredibly historical event, but I'm not sure we couldn't have had a meaningful ceremony that didn't cost quite so much. But, enough about politics.

I have to get the kids off to school now. I'll be back later on with more. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: