Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Nice Weekend

Thank goodness the bad weather held off this weekend. I was so glad that Lori and I made it to the crop on Saturday. Even though Lori was really tired from her son's sleepover, we had a great time, as always. I got three altered projects done. Not too bad. I was really happy with how they all turned out. One of the things I made was a "lift" of something I saw online. Here is the result:






Except for the monthly calendar stickers and the lines for notes on the back of each month, this is copied from another papercrafter's blog here: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=1421590 . You can follow the link in her comments to her blog for instructions, too. She even provides a link to the calendar she used. I used clear stickers from Provo Craft. They are easier to read and only cost $1.49. Another thing I liked about the stickers was that it makes them almost laminated, protecting each page. You could also laminate the printed ones with a Xyron.

Today, as always, it was "Football Sunday" around here. A very sad, sad Football Sunday, though. The Eagles beat NY and the Steelers beat the Chargers. Bummer on both counts!

Caitlin did something very odd today... even for her. ;-) There is a new boy she wanted to go out with tonight. Since it's a school night, she knew she had to really "sell" it to us for us to let her go out with him. They were going to dinner and to his parent's house to watch a movie with them. She actually did a PRESENTATION to get us to let her go out with him! She brought up pictures from his blog, a Mapquest map to his house, his parent's phone number, and all of their names. How could we say no? Well, we couldn't. I can't wait to find out how this one went and to see where it goes. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she had me at, "He isn't an athlete." LOL! Oh, and I saved her presentation to use on a layout... so stay tuned. :-)

Tomorrow it's back to the grind. It's supposed to be 4 degrees in the morning and it's my day to take Caitlin to school at 6:30 in the morning. Yikes! That's a brutal way to wake up.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Karen, I really love your calendar project, I think I need to do some lifting here myself. You always do such beautiful work!!!