Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Totally Addicted to HGTV

I'll be the first one to admit it... I spend WAY too much time watching HGTV. I'm totally addicted to it. Today, I got a great idea watching Vern Yip (formerly of Trading Spaces) on his new show "Deserving Design." He took photos of different things in the person's neighborhood, turned them black & white, printed a large copy, and then framed them for the home. I got to thinking about some of the pictures I have that I'd love to see on our walls. I'll share a few of them here.

The first one is a sign right behind our house. It is on a national list of "most stolen street signs" and has been since I was young. I asked Tim to go get this for me but he is just too law-abiding. ;-) There's a funny story behind that sign, too. I was looking for housing when I was in college. I checked out a house on campus with four other girls. I walked in the front door and THIS SIGN WAS ON THE MANTLE! How funny is that!? Wouldn't you just LOVE to live on the corner of "Grinn & Barret"??

This one is of some train tracks by our house. My brothers and I used to walk along these tracks when we were kids. We never played any "chicken" games, though!

This picture is of one of my favorite local places. It is an abandoned factory that made gun powder used for canons and bullets. Lots of history here. Local lore is that it's haunted. We use to go here on Friday nights after the football games to scare the life out of each other. Good times. LOL
I'm going to be doing this project sooner than later! I think pics like these would look great in my hall or at the bottom of my steps.

While I was looking for these pics, I ran across an old pic of Tim and me. I need to think of something really creative to do with it and time is an issue. This is a picture of us at our engagement party at Tim's brother's house. Next month, Tim and I will be celebrating 20 years together! OMGosh... that's SO hard to believe! This picture was taken just a few months later, in May. Needless to say, we have BOTH changed a LOT. My friend saw this picture once and said, "Karen Buck, it looks like he walked up to you and asked you if he could pay you $5 to pose in a picture with him." LOLOLOL! She didn't think we looked like we "belonged" together at ALL. I saw the potential, though. ;-) Now, I have to pay HIM to pose with ME. hee hee Anyway, here's the pic...

To my creative buddies... please share any ideas you might have for something very SPECIAL to do with this picture of me and my sweet hubby.
I guess that's enough fun for one day. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Karen, I love all those photos and they would make beautiful black and white enlargements and then you can just frame them. Wow! That is a cool picture of you and Tim. 20 years, that is really something to celebrate. You guys are so perfect together.